He sent His only son, Jesus Christ, to this world to live a perfect life of serving others, to die on a cross for our sins, and to be resurrected as the King of a new creation. He did this so that we can turn away from our sin, accept His forgiveness and come into relationship with Him, a relationship that lasts for eternity.
God has shown us endless grace and mercy, and our first response is to worship Him, then to do our best to please Him, to listen to His voice and to follow His leading in everything. We express love for God thorugh our love for one another and for those around us. We are open to the Holy Spirit and His gifts in our life and our local ministry.
Short Confession of Faith
Our Short Confession of Faith is a summary of the Declaratory Articles and reflects the core beliefs of the Presbyterian Church of Wales.
- We believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator and Ruler of all things.
- We believe in Jesus Christ. His only-begotten Son, our Lord and Saviour. Through His Life, His death on the Cross, and His Resurrection, He overcame sin and death, forgiving our sins and reconciling us to God.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit. Through Him Christ dwells in those who believe, sanctifying them in the truth.
- We believe in the Church, the Body of Christ and the fellowship of the saints, in the Holy Scriptures and in the Ministry of the Word and the Sacraments.
- We believe in the coming of the Kingdom of God and in the blessed hope of the eternal through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the chief end of humankind is to glorify God and to enjoy Him for ever.